Sunday, November 3, 2013

AUTUMN WALK

As I often do on Sunday, I took my walk in Mill Creek park, where Cynthia and I would regularly go.  It's a 178-acre green space, which is a lot of area to take up in a township that's only 7.8 square miles, and about half of it is wooded.  It's also home to the deer herd that ravage our gardens from time to time.  It's a little late to see much color, and we've had an odd fall; it's been so warm.  But it's a beautiful walk, and I thought I'd share some pictures of this favorite spot.  The 25-foot hill on the right side of the picture is where I can get additional exercise.  After all, there are no hills in South Jersey to match the Palisades.


Here's the view from that little height, back over the pond.


There's a memorial garden near the entrance, and Cynthia has a tree here.  It's still small since the original, planted last fall, didn't survive Superstorm Sandy.




Not all markers are in the garden.  The gravel path around the pond is the Ben Levi walk, and at the high point of the walking path (which is along the tree line in the first picture) is this marker:


I never met Phil Goldin that I knew of, unfortunately, but I'm sure we passed one another on this path.  This is the view back towards the exercise hill.


It's a beautiful spot, and a great way to get a couple of miles under my belt (and there's a Dunkin' Donuts in the little shopping center outside the park, so I could reward myself with some coffee, because it was nippy today).



No comments:

Post a Comment