Sunday, November 24, 2013

WINTER - FINALLY

It has been an unusually long time in coming, but Mother Nature has finally brought winter to the East coast.  The temperatures which once hovered in the 60's have fled, and we're down to much more seasonal 40's for daytime highs.  And we've finally started dipping below freezing at night.

Outside tonight the wind is howling, and the ground is white, although with some mini-hail or sleet, not snow.

This is my kind of weather, and I've been able to break out the heavy coat at last.  In the summer I just look fat, but bundled up in my winter duds I am a much more imposing figure.

Still, as I sit here listening to the wind, I must admit it is the sort of night where I'm glad I'm tucked indoors with my Jamison-laced decaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment