Tuesday, June 18, 2013


NEW JERSEY


For years, my north Jersey & NY friends and associates have viewed me as residing in the back of beyond in south Jersey, or as one of you put it: ‘south bumblef***.  I have always tried to explain that Willingboro is only in the middle of the state, and that there was quite a bit of real estate further down the pike.


Last week I got a feel for the truth of this.  I drove down to Bridgeton to buy a canoe off a fellow.  It took me more than an hour, and although Bridgeton is much like any other NJ town, I got to see a lot of farmland on my way to the place.  But the important think was I was at still at least an hour from Cape May.  And, it probably was also at least an hour to Atlantic City, since I had gone nearly due south from my home, which meant I was still on the western side of the state.


There’s a lot to New Jersey than people realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment