Thursday, June 13, 2013


1969 Convertible

A 1969 Mercury Montego convertible has been sitting in my driveway for decades.  We brought it from CA and drove it for a few years, but it got to the point where it wouldn’t run anymore and it was retired to await rebuilding.  Of course, there was always something more important on which to spend the money and time.  

Well, somewhere Cynthia is laughing and saying ‘I told you so’.  For years, she told me I should just get rid of it.  It took up too much room in the garage, and was in the way in the driveway when it was finally ejected from the garage, but I always resisted.  But this week I finally came up against the realization that I would never now have the money to finish it.

So I listed it on craigslist this morning, and had immediate interest.  So it’s gone now and I have an extra $800.  Such is the price of a faded dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment