Sunday, January 26, 2014

SNOWY SUNDAY

Spent an hour or so sweeping away Saturday's snow.  My push broom seemed the appropriate tool, as it was only an inch of powder.  Plus it's quieter than the shovel, to say nothing about the snow-blower.  Good to have a little exercise since my walks have been curtailed. 

There was a lot of evidence that I was visited by one of the small deer herds last night, accompanied by rabbits.  It will be a miracle if any of my shrubbery survives until spring.  I'm at the edge of a large greenway which runs the length of town under the high tension wires, crosses the golf course, and connects via Rancocas Creek to the woods in Mill Creek Park.  In addition to rabbits, too many squirrels to count, and at least a dozen white-tailed deer, Willingboro is also home to wild turkeys, groundhogs, possums, and 'coons.  Thankfully, no black bears as yet!  I'm surrounded by wildlife and have no need of zoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment