Saturday, January 18, 2014

MYSTERY WIND

I returned from my trip to find the wind had played another trick on my canoe.  In a post on November 25th I recounted how a wind storm had somehow pushed my canoe off its rack on the end of my deck.  Now I suppose pushing does make sense, even though this 12 foot long aluminum behemoth weighs 85 pounds.  But this is what I found a day ago when I returned from my latest journey.


Somehow the wind had flipped the boat right side up, and spun it 90 degrees.  The real mystery is how selective the wind had apparently been.  The patio table and chairs you see on the right were unmoved, as were the smaller wood pieces sitting on the deck. 


I can't for the life of me understand how the wind could be so maddeningly selective!  Of course, once right side up the accumulating snow and rainwater kept it from moving further.  In any event, maybe the bungie cords I added this time will keep the boat in place until launching time late in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment